VDI International Bionic-Award 2014
Biomimetics often generates ideas and serves as stimulus for innovation with sustainable benefits for technology, economy and society. The award is endowed to support research and development oriented towards practical application and innovation by young scientists in the field of biomimetics.
The International Bionic-Award will be presented for the fourht time in 2014. The award ceremony will take place at a major Congress in 2014 with focus on biomimetics. Relevant information will be communicated in advance and will be available on the website of the International Bionic-Award. The award winning contribution will also be presented during this congress.
Deadline for international submission of papers in English language 28 February, 2014
Donator of the Award
The award is endowed by the Schauenburg-Foundation since 2008. The Schauenburg-Foundation was established in 1986 by Hans-Georg Schauenburg, founder of the Schauenburg Group who has been in business in the Rhein-Ruhr area for over 50 years. The focus of the Schauenburg-Foundation, which is administered by the independent Stifterverband (Stifterverband is a business community's innovation agency for the German science system), reflects the close connection of the International Schauenburg Group to its roots and with scientific and technical innovation.
The foundation mainly endorses academic projects in the area of engineering, economics and social sciences, as well as supporting young people in their vocational training.
- Prof. Dr. Jerôme Casas, Université François-Rabelais Tours
- Dr. Rainer Erb, BIOKON e.V.
- Markus Fischer, Ingenieurbüro Markus Fischer
- Prof. Dr. Robert J. Full, University of California, Berkeley
- Prof. George Jeronimidis, University of Reading
- Dr. Michael Herdy, INPRO GmbH
- Prof. Dr. Antonia Kesel, Bionik-Innovations-Centrum Bremen
- Marc Georg Schauenburg, Schauenburg-Stiftung
- Dr. Heike Seitz, BIOKON international e.V.
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Speck, Universität Freiburg
- Dr. Ludwig Vollrath, Verein Deutscher Ingenieure e.V.
- Dr. Ljuba Woppowa, Verein Deutscher Ingenieure e.V.
- Prof. Dr. Zhengzhong Shao, Fudan University